Friday, May 23, 2014

It's almost June !!!!

It has been a while since my last post, having a 1 year son, 7 year old daughter around and working part-time as a computer programmer (2-3 days a week) has kept me quite busy, along with keeping up on the daily orders of bridesmaid, flowergirl and jewellery for RBJohnson Designs.

On top of all of this during May I completed a Certificate IV  in Small Business Management, which was something I had wanted to complete for a long time . The course is usually a 6 month full-time tertiary level course and I had RPL(Recognistion of Prior Learning) the coursework as I have some small business experience. I am extremely happy and grateful that my husband was able to look after the kids and manage food, while I attended the evening classes over the past few weeks!

The course is designed to help manage principles and practice of running a small business, as well as financial planning, legal and business requirements and customer services. Having a mentoring one-on-one during the course helped me look at the actions I need to forward RBJohnson Designs, workout a real cash flow spreadsheet and Profit and Loss Statement. So will keep you posted on actions completed ..